The concert scheduled for spring season 2020 has been cancelled in accordance with the instructions of public authorities. The concert ticket you have redeemed will be refunded; instructions for how to request a refund of the ticket price or portion of your season ticket can be found below. We apologise for the inconvenience.
1. The concert has been cancelled; who do I contact in order to receive a refund?
Ticket sales for concerts and events organised at the Helsinki Music Centre are handled by Ticketmaster. If a concert is cancelled, the concert organiser informs Ticketmaster, which is responsible for refunding tickets and answering any related questions.
2. I have purchased a single ticket to a concert or an open rehearsal; will I get my money back?
Yes, if you have purchased a single ticket, the price of the ticket will be refunded to you but not service fees (order, handling and/or delivery fees). To request for a refund, fill in the online form on the Ticketmaster website carefully.
3. I am a season ticket holder and a concert in my series has been cancelled; can I get a partial refund for the season ticket?
Yes, the portion of your season ticket for corresponding to the price of the cancelled concert(s) will be refunded but not service fees (order, handling and/or delivery fees). To request for a refund, fill in the online form on the Ticketmaster website carefully and attach a photo of your season ticket.
When handling season ticket refunds, Ticketmaster collects the season ticket holder’s information and sends this information to the Helsinki Philharmonic Orchestra. Payment of the refund is then made by the City of Helsinki as soon as possible.
1) Fill in the form linked below (NOTE: Tapahtuman nimi/Name of event = the name of the concert series, e.g. Series I / Series II / Series III / Series IV). Tapahtuman päivämäärä/Date of event = 12.3.2020. At Kysymys/Question state the type of season ticket, e.g. pensioner and if the ticket contains cloackroom fee and the dates of the cancelled concerts)
2) The deadline for applications is the end of May. The refund will, if possible, be paid in June–August 2020.
4. Can I exchange my cancelled ticket for another concert?
No, concert tickets and season card seats cannot be exchanged directly for another concert scheduled for a later date. Instead, the ticket price of the cancelled concert or portion of the season ticket will be refunded upon request.
5. Will service fees be refunded?
No, in accordance with Ticketmaster’s Customer & Purchase Policy, if a concert is cancelled, service fees (order, handling and/or delivery fees) are not refunded.
Ticketmaster’s Customer & Purchase Policy can be found online at:
6. How long does it take for the refund to be paid?
Due to multiple cancellations, refund processing has been delayed. As a result, refunds can take up to 90 days to process.
When handling season ticket refunds, Ticketmaster collects the season ticket holder’s information and payment of the refund is then made by Ticketmaster as soon as possible.
7. How long will this situation last; how many concerts will be cancelled?
At the moment, we know that until 31.5. We are following the instructions of public authorities and posting information about our concerts on our website and social media channels. Unfortunately, we are unable to respond immediately to direct enquiries.